• How can I switch to Asda Home & Contents Insurance?

    It's easy:

    • Buy online in just a few minutes; just pay in one go or spread the payments over 12 months.
    • Prefer to talk? Just call our customer service team on 0800 479 8711 who'll be able to help you through your quote. You can even ask to speak to the same person next time you call so you're not going over old ground.
    • Once we’ve set up your policy we’ll send you all your new documents, we’ll even give you a quick welcome call to ensure you’re happy with the cover and answer any queries.
  • Am I eligible for 30% discount?

    20% discount is applied with up to 4 years no claims for either Buildings or Contents or both. There is an additional 10% discount for buying a Buildings and Contents combined policy.

  • How do I find out what level of cover I have?

    Just take a look in your policy schedule. It will clearly state whether you have Asda Standard Home Insurance or Asda Superior Home Insurance; it will also confirm the amount of cover you have chosen for each module. 

  • How do I work out the cost of rebuilding my property?

    Typically the cost to rebuild your property will be less than the market value. It does not include the value of the land for example. 

    Your current home insurance policy documents may indicate the rebuild cost, as will a surveyor’s report or mortgage valuation report from the last 2 years. Or you can go to BCIS who offer a free calculator to help you get an idea of your home's rebuild cost.

    For peace of mind, we've included two blanket cover options - the Standard and Superior offer £400,000 and £750,000 respectively.

  • What does new for old mean?

    New for old means that Asda Home & Contents Insurance will replace the item you're claiming for with a brand new one of the same make and specification. This applies to all contents claims apart from when you're claiming for clothing or household linen where we make a deduction for wear and tear.

  • What exactly are high-risk items?

    Asda considers high-risk items to be:

    • Clocks
    • Paintings
    • Works of art
    • Coin or stamp collections
    • Articles of precious metal
  • Do I pay an excess if I make a claim?

    Yes, you choose your excess which ranges from £50 to £500 when you buy the policy.

    There is an additional £250 excess for escape of water and £1,000 for any subsidence claims. 

  • Why do I need legal cover on home insurance?

    In our everyday lives, we all face situations that could lead to needing legal help if difficulties arise - a problem with your employer; an injury that's the result of someone else’s negligence; a dispute over faulty goods or services; and the increasing threat of identity theft – these are all common issues that could require expert legal help to resolve. 

    It’s impossible to predict the timing or nature of legal problems. That’s why this policy gives you access to telephone advice, information and assistance services. Our family helplines provide access to our professional legal advice teams, staffed by solicitors and other legal advisers. You can consult them as often as you need about a personal legal issue.

    Also, as the complexities of the tax system can prove a minefield for anyone, our confidential tax advice helpline can advise on any personal UK tax matter.

    There is also a health and medical information service, providing useful nondiagnostic advice and information on general health issues. And there’s a confidential counselling service that provides access to a qualified counsellor for all your family.

  • If I need to, can I make a claim at 2 o'clock in the morning?

    Home Emergency cover offers a 24/7 assistance line in case of an emergency. If you have Superior star cover, this is included as standard and for Standard star policies, it is an optional extra. Please check out the contact details you need, here.

  • What is business use?

    Business use is when an item is used in relation to any professional work. For example a carpenter's tools could not be covered under this home insurance policy if they are used for their trade.

  • Is it safe to use a credit or debit card on your site?

    We know how important it is to protect your personal information from possible security risks so all of the information you put into our quote form is protected by encryption. Please refer to our 'Privacy Policy' section, this can be found at the bottom of the page.

  • Can I pay monthly?

    Yes, of course - with Asda, you can choose to pay either monthly or annually.

  • Can I get instant cover?

    Yes, our system provides an instant quote that you can submit online or over the phone. 

  • Can you provide proof of purchase for my mortgage provider?

    Yes, your policy documentation can be emailed to you as soon as you have bought the policy.

  • What does standard construction mean?

    Standard construction is classed as being built with brick, stone or concrete and roofed with either tiles or slate. You can however, get cover outside of this construction.

  • Am I able to let my property out with this cover in place?

    No, this policy covers the property you live in only.

  • Can I run a business from my home?

    Asda Home & Contents Insurance doesn't cover a property where it is used for any trade, professional or business purposes other than clerical work undertaken by your family.

  • Do you charge for making amendments to my policy?

    There's no administration charge to make changes to your policy. However, if you're adding on additional cover or amending your property details, this could result in an increase in premium.

  • How can I cancel my policy?

    If you wish to cancel your policy, please call our customer service team, who are always happy to help on 0800 479 8711.

    Lines are open 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays), 9am to 5pm Saturday. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

  • Where can I check my premium amount?

    Your policy schedule confirms all your premium information.

  • How do I increase the sum insured?

    Simply call 0800 479 8711 and we will be happy to help.

    Lines are open 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays), 9am to 5pm Saturday. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

  • Am I covered for items away from home?

    The personal items, bicycle, technology and entertainment parts of your insurance all offer cover for items away from the home. Please check your schedule to see if you have selected these options.

  • How much notice do I need to give if I am moving home?

    To ensure your new home is fully covered, you should let us know as soon as possible so that we may provide you with a quote for your new property.

  • How do I make a new claim?

    Simply call 0800 479 8711 and a claims handler will take you through the next steps.

    Lines are open 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays), 9am to 5pm Saturday. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

  • How do I check the progress of a claim?

    Your claims handler will keep you up to date with the progression of your claim but if you would like further updates just give us a call on 0800 479 8711.

    Lines are open 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays), 9am to 5pm Saturday. Calls may be recorded and monitored.