Do I Need Additional Contents Insurance Cover?

1st August 2017

Home, Money

If you’re considering insuring your property, contents or both it is definitely a good idea to think about how much cover you need. As a general rule, buildings insurance covers the property itself, any outbuildings such as summerhouses or sheds and any fitted fixtures such as bathrooms and kitchens. Contents insurance typically covers anything you would take with you if you decide to move house.

There are times when you may need to extend your cover to items or situations that are not included in your standard home insurance policy. For example, most standard policy schedules will not cover bicycles or loss, theft or damage of items outside the home.

Home Insurance Extras You May Want To Consider

At Asda Home Insurance, we offer a range of home insurance extras that give you complete freedom to choose the right level of home insurance cover to suit your needs. We would be delighted to speak to you if you wish to find out more about these extras and how we can help you to customise your policy so that you are covered for the unexpected in or outside of your home.

Here are some of the extras we currently offer:

Personal Items Cover

Our Personal Items Cover is there to protect the items you have with you everyday such as watches, jewellery, credit and debit cards, spectacles, clothing, disability wheelchairs and even camping equipment when it is not in use. We provide cover for these items for a number of causes including loss and accidental damage.

Technology & Entertainment Cover

For tech-savvy customers looking to protect their essential devices, our Technology & Entertainment Cover option is the perfect solution. We’ll cover your televisions, cameras, home entertainment systems, portable media players, tablets, laptops, mobile phones, musical instruments and notebooks against theft, loss or accidental damage, and we’ll even provide cover for items left unattended in your vehicle.

Home Emergency Cover

Home insurance emergency cover can really come to your rescue when you need it the most. Our Home Emergency Cover is there to protect you against the unexpected incidents that can happen at home such as lost keys, a faulty heating system, roof damage and problems with your drainage system. As an insured customer you can enjoy 24-hour assistance and the reassurance that comes from knowing we will do our utmost to prevent further damage to your home, make your property safe and secure and relieve unreasonable discomfort.

Legal Expenses Cover

Our Legal Expenses Cover offers insured customers confidential advice over the phone regarding any personal legal issue that falls under the laws of any EU country, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Norway and Switzerland. We can also help you with legal expenses to pay for your representation following insured incidents that are included under the cover detailed in your policy schedule.

Pedal Cycle Cover

Whether you are a cycling enthusiast or simply want to protect the family bicycle collection, our Pedal Cycle Cover will provide all the cover you need. We’ll cover you for up to 6 bikes valued up to £1,500 each for loss, damage and accidental damage.

Customise Your Home Insurance Policy Today

Get in touch with our team now on 0800 049 6089. We can customise your buildings and contents insurance so that you have the very best cover possible. 

Latest Guides
Tips on Organising Travel Money for your Next Holiday Abroad

Tips on Organising Travel Money for your Next Holiday Abroad

To get the most from your money when travelling abroad, research is crucial. So here at...

Read more
Multiple Trips Abroad: Annual Travel Insurance Guide

Multiple Trips Abroad: Annual Travel Insurance Guide

If you’re planning on taking multiple trips abroad, it would be worth looking in to ann...

Read more
Clearing Up The Confusion About Credit Ratings

Clearing Up The Confusion About Credit Ratings

Credit ratings can help determine whether you are successful in applying for a loan, mo...

Read more