- Who is Ria?
With a worldwide agent network of more than 464,000 locations in 160 countries, Ria is the third largest provider of money transfer services in the world. Since opening its first storefront in 1987, Ria has grown to be the third largest money transfer service with a mission to offer people the most simple, reliable and friendly services, both online and in-store through trusted partners.
- How does Asda Money Transfer Powered by Ria work?
As you’d expect with Asda Money Transfer Powered by Ria, we make it simple to send money abroad. You can send in three simple steps:
- Select both the country you’re sending to and the preferred method of payment
- Provide us with your details, and the details of your recipient
- Choose how you’d like your recipient to receive the money
And just like that, your money transfer is on its way.
- Where can I send money to?
With our network of more than 464,000 locations you can send money, easily and securely to 160 countries worldwide.
- How much money can I send?
You can send up to £1,800 per transfer per day.
- Why do I need to give identification?
We work tirelessly to keep money transfers safe and secure for you and all of our customers. As part of our security procedure, we are legally obligated to ask for an officially-issued ID. This helps ensure us that people are who they say they are.
- What information do I need?
To transfer money you’ll need:
- Your recipient’s first name and surname(s) as displayed on their officially-issued ID.
- Your recipient’s address and phone number.
- A selected method for how your recipient will receive the money transfer. If you choose to deposit money directly into your recipient’s account, you’ll need their bank account and routing number (this might be called an IBAN or SWIFT number). If you would rather have your recipient pick up the money in person, you’ll need to select a local, preferred payout location.
- How do I know my recipient received the money?
When your recipient receives their funds we’ll send you an email, and text if you requested this.
Just so you know, we’ll keep in touch through every step of your money transfer order. With every status change you’ll receive an email.
You can also track the progress of your transfer on our website or call our Customer Service Team on 0800 0855272.
- What does my order status mean?
Here is a list of the status changes you may see your money transfer order in:
Order sent to review;
Your security is our main priority so if your transaction is flagged for security or compliance reasons we’ll let you know straight away. We may call you to ask a few questions before we can transfer your order. If this happens, there will be a delay in processing your order, we’ll do our best to keep this on track for you.
If we have to cancel your order we’ll let you know straight away. We will have to do this is incorrect account details are given, the order is not collected by your recipient in time and of course if you request it.
We’ll send you an email once your recipient has received the funds
- What are the different ways money can be received?
Money transfers sent via Asda Money Transfer Powered by Ria can be received in the following ways:
- A bank transfer to your recipient’s bank account
- Cash pickup at any one of more than 435,000 agents worldwide
- By courier to your recipient's house or office with our home delivery service
- I want to send money online. How do I do it?
For new customers, you’ll be glad to know it’s quick and easy:
To begin, you will need to register for an account. It is important that the name you register with matches your officially-issued ID and bank account information.
Check your email for a message letting you know that your registration is complete. Once you get this email, you’re ready to start transferring money.
For returning online customers, it’s even easier:
- Sign in to your account.
- Choose your recipient’s country and the amount you’d like to send.
- Choose your delivery method (bank deposit or cash pickup).
- Complete your recipient’s details (remember to be exact).
- Select your method of payment.
- Sign in using your online details.
- Once your order is complete, we’ll keep in touch throughout the process of your order and you can also track your transfer on our website.
- How long does it take to transfer money abroad?
It can be as fast as within minutes, depending on ID checks and the country involved.
Sometimes, money transfers are flagged for review, so the processing time can take longer. There are a couple of reasons that this might happen:
- A security review - Security is important for everyone. To ensure all money transfers are legitimate, your transfer may be reviewed. In this scenario, we will always do everything we can to minimise any delay.
- Banking Processing times - With debit card payments, funds are usually available for your recipient within minutes.
- How do I unlock my account?
If you enter your login details incorrectly a few times your account will be locked out. This may also happen for security reasons. Don’t worry, just call our Customer Service team on 0800 085 5272 and we’ll unlock it for you.
- I forgot my password. How can I access my account?
No problem. You can access your account again by using our password reset feature.
- My account has been locked. Why?
Since your security is our top priority, your account may be locked for a couple different reasons:
- There were too many unsuccessful attempts to login and enter the correct account password. If this occurs, simply call our Customer Service team on 0800 085 5272 and they’ll be more than happy to help you unlock your account.
- It’s been locked for security reasons. To unlock your account, please call our Customer Service team on 0800 085 5272.
- How much does it cost to send money online?
We have three prices depending on the amount of money you want to send, and whether it’s an international or domestic transfer:
Send between £1.00 and £100 for £4
Send between £100.01 and £1,000 for £7
Send between £1,000.01 and £1,800 for £13
Domestic Transfer (UK to UK)
Send between £1.00 and £50 for £3
Send between £50.01 and £650 for £6
Send between £650.01 and £1,800 for £11
Whilst it looks like you pay more when you send more money, remember the cost per pound is cheaper the more money you send.
Our exchange rate is monitored all the time, and is calculated depending on the country where you’re sending money. Our exchange rate fees are among the best in the market.
- How can I send more than £1,800 in one day?
As our top priority is always your security, we only allow transfers of up to £1,800 per day. However, please be advised that the max amount you can send in 30 days varies per country. Please call our customer service team for more information on 0800 085 5272. This is to abide by AML (Anti-Money Laundering) guidelines.
- How do I contact you?
Our Customer Service team are available Monday to Saturday 8am-7pm, Sundays closed and Bank Holidays 10am-5pm.
You can call us on 0800 085 5272 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll aim to reply to you the same day.
Please note we are closed on Christmas and New Years Day.
- What payment methods can I use?
To make a transfer using your debit card, simply enter your card details and billing address, and go through to a secure verification page. Once verified, your money transfer is on its way.
- What are the delivery options?
Your order can be delivered to your recipient by:
- Cash pickup
- Bank deposit
- By courier to your recipient's house or office with our home delivery* service
You can choose for your recipient to collect cash from one of 464,000 agent locations in 160 countries worldwide. They’ll need the order and Pin number as well as appropriate valid photo ID for that country. Remember the recipient name you register must match exactly with their ID.
We offer bank deposits to most major banks worldwide. You’ll need your recipient’s bank account number and routing number (this might be called an IBAN or SWIFT number).
*This is available to recipients in Hungary, Vietnam, Armenia, Philippines, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. Timescales will vary on location. The recipient will be required to sign for the delivery and produce appropriate valid ID.
Security, Fraud and Scams
- Concerned about scams?
We take your security seriously and it’s important to be aware of common scams people use to obtain money fraudulently.
We are here to help and if you have any doubts about your transfer please call us on 0800 085 5272 to discuss or stop your transfer.
The most common scams are linked to online dating, lottery and phone scams as well as fake merchandise websites. Always be wary and vigilant, to protect yourself consider the answer to the following questions, and remember we’re here to help on 0800 085 5272.
- Is somebody I met online asking for travel expenses to visit me?
- Am I sending money to receive a lottery or large prize payout?
- Am I sending money to someone I don’t know and have no way of checking their identity?
- Am I sending money for goods which are being promised after I have paid for them
If you have any doubts call us immediately on 0800 085 5272.
- What should I do if I receive an email from Asda or Ria asking me to open an account?
Neither Asda nor Ria will ever send you an email asking you to open an account.If you’ve received an email asking you to do so, please do not respond as it may be a scam. To report it, you can forward them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why was my transfer put in review?
Protecting you is our number one priority. If we detect suspicious activity and need to verify it’s one of our customers who made the order, we may place your money transfer in review.
Common reasons why money transfers are placed in review include online dating scams, lottery and sweepstakes scams and grandparent scams — to name a few. Online dating scams occur when a person meets someone on the internet who claims to have fallen in love with them, then asks the victim to pay their living expenses or travel fees for a visit. Lottery and sweepstakes scams typically offer the victim great wealth in exchange for paying taxes and other processing fees up front. Grandparent scams occur when people get an unexpected call or email from someone who claims to be a friend or relative and asks them to send money.
Also, we may need to gather additional information on the money transfer per UK, European or global regulatory compliance. This might add time to the transfer process but we believe it’s worth the effort to protect our customers and meet legal requirements.
- Why was my transfer declined?
We may decline transfers if they do not meet Asda Money or Ria policies in line with UK, European or global regulatory compliance. Or if we detect suspicious activity and are unable to confirm the identity of the person making the transfer. If this happens we’ll always let you know by email. If you would like to discuss your transfer, please call us on 0800 085 5272.
Track, cancel or edit a transaction
- How do I amend a transaction?
Depending on how far your transaction has progressed will determine what amendments can be made. If a recipient has received their funds we will be unable to make any changes or cancel it.
You can call us on 0800 085 5272 to request for possible transaction amendments.
- How can I receive a refund if the account I used is closed or frozen?
If you used a bank account for your money transfer which has since been closed or frozen, we’ll issue your refund by a paper cheque. However, this refund method will only be available as a last resort as we’ll always first try to issue your refund through the method in which you funded your transaction.
This may take between seven and ten working days.
- Can I track my transfer?
You can track the progress on our website by selecting the Track Transfer option from the top toolbar, you’ll need your transfer order number. We’ll also keep you update to date with its progress via email and text if you opted for this.
- How do I cancel my money transfer?
You can cancel your money transfer by pulling up your “Recent Orders” in your account. Just find the money transfer you’d like to cancel and click the “Cancel” link. Fill out the details and submit.
We make every effort to accommodate this request. However, we can’t guarantee the cancellation until our local payout partner confirms the money has not yet been paid to your recipient. If the transfer was already completed, and can’t be cancelled, we’ll show you the status and state that the cancellation cannot be processed.
- If I cancel my money transfer, how long will it be before I get my money back?
If you cancel your money transfer and your recipient has not yet picked up the money, we’ll first contact the agent and provide them with a credit. Once they’ve received the credit, it may take up to 2 working days to receive your money back.
- Anything else?
Our Customer Service team are available between the hours of 8am and 9pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
You can call us on 0800 085 5272 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll respond to your query within the same day.
Please note we are closed Christmas and New Years Day.
About our partner, Ria
We partner with Ria, one of the largest international money transfer companies in the world, to offer you fantastic exchange rates and prices to transfer your money to loved ones across the world.
Our partnership enables us to offer our customers quick, safe and easy money transfer services to over 464,000 locations in 160 countries worldwide.
ASDA Money is a trading name of Asda Stores Limited which is an agent of Euronet Payment Services Limited (“EPS”), trading as Ria. EPS is registered in England (6975932) with its registered office at North Block, 55 Baker Street, London W1U 7EU. EPS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (FRN: 504630).