Many people these days choose to travel alone. Solo travel can provide a great sense of freedom and achievement, but there are challenges and various issues to bear in mind. Benefits of solo travel One of the greatest benefits of travelling ...
It really pays to go with Asda Travel Insurance
Asda Travel Insurance
- Kids and grandkids go free^
- Great value travel insurance? Asda Travel Insurance starts from £4*
- 20% off online for annual travel insurance and single trip travel insurance
- Tell me more
Go for less with Asda Travel Insurance
You go away to relax and travel insurance is a holiday essential that can help you do that. Without proper cover you could end up with thousands of pounds in costs if the unexpected happens.
With Asda Travel Insurance, you can choose from three levels of cover including our independently rated 5 Star Superior option. Annual travel insurance could be better value if you’re planning on going away more than once.
Additionally if you’ve got a big family it's worth knowing that up to 7 kids or grandkids go free with Asda.Get a quote
Look at the rest, then choose the best
Because it’s a holiday essential, many look for the cheapest travel insurance quote. At Asda Travel Insurance, we offer great value and quality insurance with cover from just £4 and Superior cover awarded 5 Stars out of 5 by Defaqto.
- Get a 20% online discount
- Cover from just £4*
- Kids and grandkids go free^
- Choose from 3 different levels of cover, Value, Standard and Superior
- Unlimited medical expenses
- Cover up to 80 years old
- 24 hour emergency English-speaking helpline
- Get up to £5,000 with our holiday cancellation insurance if your trip is called off±
- Get up to £2,000 if your bags go walkabout±
- Get up to £5,000 if your holiday is cut short±
- Ideal for last-minute getaways – because you’ll be sent a text with your policy details rather than waiting for documents in the post
- Someone to help you speak to hospital staff who may speak another language
- Independently awarded 5 Stars out of 5 for our Superior Cover
- Arrange your cover on the go – straight from your smartphone
- Cover types
Travel insurance to suit your trip
When it comes to Asda Travel Insurance, we’ve carefully selected options that provide a great mix of 5 Star quality with our Superior cover and great value insurance from as little as £4 *
Here’s a quick run down of your options:
- choose from Value, Standard or 5 Star rated Superior Cover
- single, couple or family travel insurance – remember kids or grandkids go free^!
- single-trip travel insurance or annual multi-trip travel insurance
- European travel insurance or Worldwide travel insurance
- use our handy travel insurance tool to help you decide
- Annual Travel Insurance
Get the right annual travel insurance for you
If you’re planning on going away more than once over the next 12 months Asda Annual Travel Insurance could save you money.
From just £33* it's a great multi-trip travel insurance option. And with a 20% online discount, you may find it's even better value travel insurance with Asda.
You’ll also be covered for trips in the UK (when you pre-book accommodation for at least 2 nights).
If you’re only jetting off once in the next 12 months then single trip travel insurance could be the best travel insurance for you. Covering you for one holiday from 2 to 30 days from just £4*, it’s great value, quick and easy to arrange.
- Ski insurance
Great value ski insurance
Great for skiing or snowboarding
Planning on hitting the slopes this year, why not get great value winter sports and ski insurance.
For a little extra, it’s easy to add Winter Sports Insurance to your insurance policy – just select the right option when you personalise your quote online.
Your Winter Sports Cover at a glance
- You’re covered for winter sports equipment hire if yours goes missing, is broken in an accident or misplaced by your airline
- Get cover for any ski passes, ski hire or tuition fees you’ve paid for but can’t use due to illness, injury or loss or theft of your ski pass
- No snow? No problem.You’re covered for each 24-hour period you can’t ski
- You’re covered if your outbound or return journey is delayed for more than 12 hours due to an avalanche
And that’s as well as all the benefits of Asda Travel Insurance you’ll get anyway.Get a quote
Travel Insurance Guides
Find out more information about travel insurance
There are many reasons for travellers to take last minute trips. Some might be searching for bargains, while others might simply be taking advantage of a bit of unexpected free time. Whatever the reason, a last minute trip doesn't have to be badly planned ...
Europe is a diverse place that offers travellers a huge range of environments and experiences. The best way to prepare may vary depending on your destination and the exact nature of your trip, but there are some general issues to bear in mind before depar ...
Hand luggage, also known as cabin baggage, is the luggage you are allowed to take with you in the passenger compartment of a plane. There are generally restrictions on the number of bags you can take, the size and weight of those bags and the items you ca ...
More and more over 65s are choosing to travel abroad these days, but if you are in this group it is worth noting that some insurers may impose an age limit or only offer cover at a higher premium. However, there are policies available that are specificall ...
Below are some key aspects to keep in mind when choosing the right travel insurance policy for your needs. Which policy is best for me? If you take holidays several times a year, you may wish to invest in a multi-trip policy that will cover you for an u ...
Travel insurance could cover you against injury, losses and other mishaps during the course of a holiday or other trip. Single trip travel insurance, as the name suggests, covers you for a single trip only. Before you consider whether such a policy is the ...
Many people take out travel insurance to cover themselves against injury and losses on a holiday or trip. Standard single trip and annual travel insurance policies often do not cover activities such as skiing though. Ski travel insurance, also known as wi ...
Annual travel insurance, also known as multi-trip travel insurance, is insurance designed for those who make multiple trips abroad during the space of a year. What's the difference between annual and single-trip insurance? Single-trip insurance, as the ...
The EHIC is a reciprocal healthcare agreement giving you access to state run hospitals in the EU as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. You can obtain an EHIC card for free by visiting www.ehic.org.uk and this will entitle you to the ...