Planning on a few different getaways this year? Then make sure to pack an annual multi-trip travel insurance policy which will cover all of your travels for the year.
If you’re thinking about packing your bags and escaping more than once over the next 12 months, then we can save you the hassle and expense of arranging multiple travel insurance policies by bundling all your cover into one year-long policy.
Annual travel cover can be more cost effective if you’re planning on travelling a lot over the year, but if you’re only thinking about taking one holiday in the next 12 months then single trip cover could be the better option for you.
Our Levels of Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Our no frills basic travel insurance includes up to £20,000 for personal accidents and up to £1,000 if your bags go missing.
The reassurance of up to £30,000 in cover for personal accidents and up to £1,300 for missing bags
You’ll be covered for up to £50,000 in personal accident cover and up to £2,000 if your bags go walkabout
What is Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?
So, what is annual multi-trip travel insurance? It’s essentially a policy that provides cover for people who tend to travel more frequently throughout the year and keeps them protected regardless of how many trips they take within a year. It’s essentially year-long travel insurance and is generally divided into the following three categories:
- UK and Europe
- Worldwide, including the USA, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean
- Worldwide, excluding the USA, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean
An annual travel insurance policy is a good option for those who may have multiple trips planned throughout the year, as one multi-trip travel insurance policy will keep you covered for all the trips you plan on taking over the course of a year. *
*As long as no single trip lasts longer than 31 days if you have Value cover, 45 days if you have Premium cover, and 55 days if you have Superior cover.
Benefits of an Annual Multi-Trip Policy
Taking out annual multi-trip insurance has many benefits specifically for those who like to travel often:
- A more cost-effective option compared to buying multiple single-trip insurance policies for every holiday you have.
- Takes out the hassle of buying a new policy every time you wish to travel – with yearly travel insurance, you can book a holiday and go knowing you will be covered.
- Annual travel insurance covers you for any UK based holidays or staycations you may take.
- You don’t have to notify your insurer every time you plan on going away – you’re already covered.
The best multi-trip travel insurance policies are designed for those who are frequent travellers and are catered towards their needs, as it is a more convenient and cost-effective option for them.
What's covered with Annual Multi-Trip Insurance?
When it comes to annual multi-trip travel insurance policies, most – if not all of them – will include cover for the following:
- Medical expenses – one year travel insurance policies will cover for the cost of healthcare and emergency treatment when on holiday.
- Cancellation and delays – your insurance will cover you if you have to cancel your trip or there are delays or issues with your flights.
- Lost luggage – if you lose your luggage, you may be reimbursed for the essential items you would need for your holiday.
- Stolen or lost belongings – if you lose or your personal belongings are stolen you may be covered for this as long as they are part of the personal possessions specified in your policy documents.
- Covid-19 – you can now get annual travel insurance with Covid cover in case Covid-19 affects your travel plans.
The best annual travel insurance will include cover for all of the following, but some details may vary depending on the provider. Always read the policy details carefully before making a decision.
Exclusions and Limitations
With any travel insurance policy, annual travel insurance in the UK comes with some limitations and exclusions, such as:
- Changing your mind and cancelling the holiday yourself because you no longer want to go. This will be specified in your policy documents and is referred to as “disinclination to travel”.
- Travelling against government advice and travelling to countries deemed as “dangerous”, your insurance will not cover you.
- Natural disasters – many insurers will not cover any damage or complications that occur due to natural disasters unless you take out natural disaster optional upgrade protection.
- Drugs and alcohol – if you suffer any injuries due to being under the influence of alcohol and drugs, you will not be covered for this.
- Going against local laws in the country you have travelled to.
- Refusing to get vaccinated for any preventable tropical diseases.
- Taking part in extreme sports and dangerous activities that you are not covered for.
Why choose Asda Travel Insurance?
Provided by InsureandGo
The Asda advantage
Known for putting value for money at the centre of everything we do
With over 20 years experience, InsureandGo brands have covered over 27 million travellers
Awarded Double Gold for Best Travel Insurance Provider in the Moneynet.co.uk awards 2022 and 2023
Top Multi Trip Travel Insurance FAQs:
- How does multi trip travel insurance work?
Multi-trip travel insurance, or annual travel insurance as it’s also known, is designed to give holiday-goers cover for any trips they take over the course of 12 months. This allows them to take out one policy for the year rather than separate policies for each individual trip.
- Why is annual multi trip travel insurance cheaper than single?
The reason annual or yearly travel insurance can be cheaper than single trip cover is because it groups all of your trips under one policy. So, if you’re taking more than one holiday over the course of the year, then they’ll all be covered by your annual policy.
If you instead took out a single trip travel insurance policy for each trip, they might be cheaper individual but over time those costs add up and end up being more expensive than an annual travel policy.
- When should I buy annual travel insurance?
You should make sure to have your travel insurance in place as soon as you can when booking your trip, ideally at the same time to make the most of your cover against cancellations.
However, if you’ve got dates planned for multiple trips throughout the year then you may want to maximise your cover and take out your policy strategically. This means taking it out slightly closer to the time of your first trip in order to maximise your coverage for the next 12 months.
- Can I get travel insurance for next year?
Depending on when you take out your annual travel insurance policy, it can be valid into next year for a certain period of time. For instance, if you took out an annual travel policy on September 1st this year, it would be valid until August 31st next year. That means if you have trips planned for the following year that fall between those dates, you’ll already be covered by your existing annual travel insurance.
- What is annual multi trip travel insurance?
Annual multi-trip travel insurance gives you cover for multiple holidays over a 12-month period, taking the hassle out of buying insurance for every trip individually. This can also make it more cost-effective if you’re planning on travelling a lot over a year.
- What does multi trip travel insurance cover?
The cover you get from a multi-trip insurance policy will depend on the level of cover you choose. With Asda Money, that’s Value, Premium, and Superior. In general, you can expect multi-trip travel insurance to cover things like medical expenses if you get ill or injured on holiday, lost or damaged luggage, and protection for personal valuables.
- How much is annual travel insurance?
How much you pay for your annual travel insurance will be determined by a number of factors, such as:
- Medical history – if you have any pre-existing health conditions, your insurer is likely to increase your premium as there’s a higher chance of you making a claim.
- Your age – travel insurance premiums increase as you get older as you are more likely to need cover for medical expenses.
- Level of cover – the higher the level of cover, the more expensive it is likely to be. Always make sure you go for the level of coverage that suits your needs to avoid paying more for things that you won’t need.
For cheap annual travel insurance, compare quotes today with Asda Money.
About our provider, InsureandGo
We have carefully selected InsureandGo as our travel insurance partner because they are a market leading provider, with over 20 years’ experience in the industry, covering over 27 million travellers.
They are a trusted and widely recognised firm providing these services all over the world with Zurich Insurance plc as the insurance underwriter.
Working together, we provide an award-winning product that looks continuously to offer value for money as well as great features such as three kids go free per adult.
ASDA Money is a trading name of Asda Financial Services Ltd and Asda Stores Ltd which for travel insurance are Introducer Appointed Representatives of Insure & Go Insurance Services Ltd. Asda Travel Insurance is arranged by AllClear Limited, which is registered in Gibraltar company number 117274. Registered Office: 1st Floor, Portland House, Glacis Road, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA. AllClear Limited is licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission number FSC25393 and trades into the UK on a freedom of services basis, FCA FRN 824283. Asda Travel Insurance is administered by Insure & Go Insurance Services Limited. Insure & Go Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm reference number 309572.
*Offer valid between 24/04/23 to 31/12/23. Discount applies to the base price of AsdaMoney branded travel insurance policies purchased through our website and Contact Centre only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras.
** Up to three kids go free per insured adult, subject to medical screening, when you buy direct from us.