Like family, your dog or cat will likely mean the world to you. They’re more than a pet – they’re a friend and a companion that you want to keep safe.
Providing them with protection against surprise illnesses and injuries is usually a top priority and is part of the wider responsibility as a pet owner. Our pet insurance offering is here to help you keep your furry friends as happy and healthy as possible for as long as they’re in your life.
Why choose Asda Pet Insurance?
Underwritten by Fairmead Insurance Limited (renamed from Legal & General Insurance Limited)
The Asda advantage
Known for putting value for money at the centre of everything we do
An experienced pet insurer who can offer you the choice of six levels of cover for you and your pet
Awarded Best Online Pet Insurance Provider in the YourMoney.com Awards 2019
Top Lifetime Pet Insurance FAQs:
- What does lifetime cover mean in pet insurance?
Lifetime insurance for pets means that your pet is able to get the help they need if they suffer from a new illness or injury, with support in paying vet bills up to the cover limit of your policy. This policy will cover your pet for the entirely of its life, provided you continue to pay the policy.
There are policies that will only protect your pet against accidents or be valid for 12 months at a time, a lifetime insurance policy will give you peace of mind that your cat or dog can get treatment at any stage in its life without having to worry about having to cover potentially expensive vet bills on your own.
- What levels of Lifetime Pet Insurance are available?
The limits on a Lifetime policy are reinstated annually, refreshing the amount you can claim each year, updating with any new treatments your pet might need, and help you pay for as much as possible each year.
The three levels of Lifetime Pet Insurance we offer are:
- Lifetime £2,000 and Lifetime £4,000 – these are renewing benefit policies and the total amount you can claim for each new condition your pet may suffer is up to £2,000 or £4,000 in vet’s fees annually. If you choose either of these polices, there is no limit to the number of separate conditions that you can claim for.
- Lifetime £10,000 – this is also a renewing benefit policy and the total amount you can claim for all new conditions your pet may suffer is up to £10,000 in vet’s fees annually. There is no limit to the number of separate conditions that you can claim for until the total financial limit has been reached.
For all of our Lifetime policies, your pet will be covered for ongoing or future conditions as long as you keep your insurance policy with us.
Take a look at our pet insurance comparison table to help you decide which level of cover is best for you and your pet.
Limitations and exclusions apply, for full details please refer to our policy documents.
- What’s included in Lifetime Pet Insurance?
There’s a wide range of uses which lifetime pet insurance can have which takes some of the financial strain off of unexpected bills in relation to your pet:
- Veterinary fees
- Third party legal liability and accidental damage costs
- Costs associated with death due to accident or illness
- Loss by theft or straying
- Reimbursement for covering advertising and reward for return of lost pet
- Boarding fees
- Emergency treatment overseas
- Holiday cancellation as a result of your pet needing lifesaving treatment/surgery
- Cost to replace a lost pet passport
- Quarantine costs
Take a look at our pet insurance comparison table to help you decide which which benefits are best for you and your pet.
Please note: a payment limit and an excess is applied to all levels of cover as shown above.
- Will my pet insurance premium increase each year with Lifetime Insurance?
As with most types of insurance, your premium will be affected each year by different factors. With pet insurance, your premium will increase each year when you renew as your pet gets older.
Your premium will also be impacted by things like:
- Making claims on your policy
- Increasing cost of vet fees
- Insurance Premium Tax increases
- Alterations you make to your policy
- Changes to policy pricing
This is typically why people shop around and compare insurance prices at renewal, but the advantage of a lifetime pet insurance policy is that on-going conditions or illnesses that your pet develops while insured are covered which you might not be able to get covered for elsewhere.
A quick ‘paws’ for thought…
With pet insurance, your premium will increase each year at renewal as your pet gets older. We’ll limit the amount it goes up by, but your renewal price will also be impacted by:
- Any claims you make – this could significantly increase your premium
- Rising vet fees
- Insurance Premium Tax increasing
- Changes you make to your policy
- Changes we make to our pricing
You can, of course, shop around at renewal. Just bear in mind that any existing conditions your pet’s developed, whether diagnosed or not, may not be covered elsewhere.
About our underwriter, Fairmead Insurance
We’ve carefully selected Fairmead Insurance Limited (renamed from Legal & General Insurance Limited), part of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group as our pet insurance underwriter, given their experience with pet insurance.
Working together, we’ve been able to bring our customers great pet insurance products that aim to offer value for money and some fantastic features, such as the 24-hour vet helpline, and the option to pay monthly by direct debit with no interest charges.
Legal & General, L&G, L&G – EVERY DAY MATTERS and the Legal & General Logo are registered trade marks of Legal & General Group PLC and are used by Fairmead Insurance Limited under licence. Legal & General Group PLC has no responsibility for the products of Fairmead Insurance Ltd or the servicing of those products. This policy is underwritten by Fairmead Insurance Limited which is a member of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group. Fairmead Insurance Limited is not a member of the Legal & General group of companies.
ASDA Money is a trading name of Asda Stores Limited and Asda Financial Services Limited which are for general insurance Introducer Appointed Representatives of Fairmead Insurance Limited for Pet Insurance. Fairmead Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register number 202050. Registered in England and Wales Number 00423930. Registered office: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB.