COVID-19: The latest updates from Asda Money

Compare cover types

With access to over 4,000 breakdown recovery experts operating nationwide, no call out charges and cover for the vehicle not just the driver - we have a range of cover to suit your needs.

Roadside Cover from £27 a year

With up to six call-outs a year, you’ll be covered anywhere in the UK to a local garage, if you’re at least a quarter of a mile from home.

UK Breakdown Cover from £78 a year

With no vehicle age limits, this cover includes Home Assist and recovery to a local garage, we’re here to help.

European Breakdown Cover from £142 a year

If you think you’ll be going continental in the next 12 months and still want all the benefits of our UK Breakdown Cover, this is a great option for you.

Roadside UK Breakdown European
£27 £78 £142
Assistance more than 1/4 mile from home
Yes Yes Yes
Local recovery up to 10 miles from the location of the breakdown
Yes Yes Yes
Home assistance
No Yes Yes
Recovery to anywhere in the UK
No Yes Yes
Hire car, alternative transport or overnight accommodation
No Yes Yes
Cover in Europe
No No Yes
Price of adding personal cover
£28 £47 £47
Personal cover - extend cover for you and your spouse/partner to any vehicle in the UK

Top Breakdown Cover FAQs:

What do I need to do if I breakdown?

First of all, be safe. Get out of your vehicle as safely as possible and switch your hazard lights on. Once you’re in a safe place, please call our 24 hour helpline on 0800 202 8100 and they will be able to talk you through the next steps. If you’re calling from Europe, it’s +44 1689 891 063.  

How long will I have to wait if I breakdown?

We aim to attend every breakdown within an hour, although we currently have a 44 minute average response time^. Britannia Rescue will let you know if the breakdown professional is delayed.

Do you charge for callouts and are there any limits to the number of callouts in a year?

There are no charges for callouts. With Roadside Cover there is a limit of 6 callouts a year.  But there are no limits on Asda UK Breakdown Cover and Asda European Breakdown Cover.

Am I covered if I'm driving another vehicle?

Cover is for the insured vehicle only. You can take out personal cover for just £28 a year extra for Roadside Cover and £47 a year for UK Breakdown and European Breakdown Cover.  Personal Cover only applies in the UK.