Get assistance from over 4,000 professionals ready to keep you moving. Most of us rely on our cars to get us from A to B every day, but sometimes we run into trouble and get stuck with a broken-down car. Our Breakdown Cover is here to make sure you can get on your way again with great service and value for money.
Why choose Asda Breakdown Cover?
Provided by Liverpool Victoria
The Asda advantage
Known for putting value for money at the centre of everything we do
Over 4,000 breakdown professionals at your service
Awarded Best Online Breakdown Insurance Provider in the YourMoney.com Awards 2019
We're on hand to make sure car trouble doesn't stop you in your tracks.
- Roadside assistance at least a quarter of a mile from your home
- Covers anywhere in the UK, including the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, the Republic of Ireland
- Recovery to a local garage or destination of your choice up to 10 miles away from the breakdown
- Up to 6 call-outs per year
Can we cover you?
- The maximum vehicle age for new Roadside Cover policies is 10 years old.
- We don’t just cover cars, we cover motorhomes, vans and motorbikes too.
- Caravans and trailers will be recovered if your vehicle breaks down away from the home.
As you might expect, terms and conditions apply, so please see the policy document.
Top Breakdown Cover FAQs:
- What do I need to do if I breakdown?
First of all, be safe. Get out of your vehicle as safely as possible and switch your hazard lights on. Once you’re in a safe place, please call our 24 hour helpline on 0800 202 8100 and they will be able to talk you through the next steps. If you’re calling from Europe, it’s +44 1689 891 063.
- How long will I have to wait if I break down?
We aim to attend every breakdown within an hour, although we currently have a 44 minute average response time^. Britannia Rescue will let you know if the breakdown professional is delayed.
- Do you charge for callouts and are there any limits to the number of callouts in a year?
There are no charges for callouts. With Roadside Cover there is a limit of 6 callouts a year. But there are no limits on Asda UK Breakdown Cover and Asda European Breakdown Cover.
- Am I covered if I'm driving another vehicle?
Cover is for the insured vehicle only. You can take out personal cover for just £28 a year extra for Roadside Cover and £47 a year for UK Breakdown and European Breakdown Cover. Personal Cover only applies in the UK.
About our trusted provider, LV=
We have carefully selected our Breakdown provider Liverpool Victoria (LV=) as they are one of the UK's largest personal lines insurers. Throughout their 170 year history they have existed to increase the value of their business by putting their people first and placing their customers at the heart of everything they do. Their goal of growing customer value is underpinned by their vision to be Britain’s best loved insurer.
Working together, we’re providing award-winning breakdown cover that looks continuously to offer value for money and great service.
ASDA Money is a trading name of Asda Financial Services Ltd and Asda Stores Ltd which for Breakdown Cover are Introducer Appointed Representatives of Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965. Registered address: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Tel: 0330 123 9970.