So you’ve been on holiday, you’ve had a brilliant time and better yet, you haven’t spent all of your money while you’ve been away! If you’ve still got an amount of money in another country’s currency and you want to change that money back to British pounds Asda Money will buy back most foreign currency notes at the current buy back rate with 0% commission – whether you bought them from us or not – at any one of our Travel Money Bureaux.
Asda Buy Back Plus
Don’t waste that cash, bring it back! We’ll buy back your leftover travel money after your holiday.
What is the Asda Buy Back Plus?
It’s not easy to know how much money to take with you on your holiday. Don’t take enough and you end up having to get more out whilst away or take too much and you have leftover travel money that you might not need.
Here at Asda, we want to make your holiday as easy as possible, and our Buy Back Plus means that you’ll never have unused holiday travel money on your return.
All you need to do is take out our Buy Back Plus when you buy your Travel Money and, after your trip, we’ll buy back your leftover currency from you at the spot rate on the day of redemption.
What is the spot rate? Spot rate is the rate in which foreign currency is sold and bought in the foreign currency market. This rate is not usually available directly to customers.
With our Buy Back Plus this rate will be available to you on any leftover currency notes that you bring back without any fees or commission.
Why take Buy Back Plus?
If you are travelling outside the UK and plan to return within 45 days, we can buy back your foreign currency notes at any one of our Travel Money Bureaux at the spot rate available on the day of redemption.
A spot rate is the rate in which foreign currency is sold and bought in the foreign currency market. This rate is not usually available directly to customers, but with our Buy Back Plus, this rate is available on any leftover currency bought from us and without any fees or commission being added.
Buy Back Plus Terms and Conditions
- These Buy Back Plus Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases of Buy Back Plus made in-store at our Asda Travel Money Bureaux and online via our website and Asda Travel Money App. Separate terms and conditions apply in respect of all other products and services available in-store and online.
- Buy Back Plus is available only to Asda customers purchasing Travel Money in the UK.
- Buy Back Plus can be purchased at the counter of any of our Travel Money Bureaux when purchasing foreign currency up to the value of £5,000. For purchases online, it can be added to your basket at the time of purchasing your foreign currency. If you are buying more than one foreign currency, please note that the Buy Back Plus fee will be applied to each currency order - that is, to foreign currency notes with the exclusion of Asda Travel Money Cards, which cannot be used in conjunction with the Buy Back Plus. Should you decide not to purchase the Buy Back Plus for your entire order, please divide your purchase into two separate transactions – one for which you require Buy Back Plus and one for which you do not.
- All Buy Back Plus transactions are valid for 45 days from the date of purchase and are conditional on the presentation of the original purchase receipt or confirmation email (in the case of online purchases) and valid ID.
- For purchases made online, please note that the 45 day period starts from the date of purchase and not the date on which collection or delivery of the foreign currency is made. If the duration of your travel is uncertain or is likely to be close to 45 days, it is advised that you purchase your foreign currency and Buy Back Plus as close to the date of your departure as possible, taking into account delivery timeframes if you opt for home delivery.
- Buy Back Plus transactions can only be redeemed in respect of foreign currency notes (not coins) up to the total sterling value of the original transaction.
- All redemptions must be made at our Travel Money Bureaux. We are unable to process redemptions via our online service.
- Buy Back Plus is non-transferable and only one Buy Back Plus transaction can be redeemed in respect of each valid transaction.
- Due to the nature of the Buy Back Plus, once an order has been placed online and confirmed via email, or placed in-store, we are unable to cancel, amend or refund the transaction.
- We reserve the right to change the terms of, or withdraw, the Buy Back Plus at any time and with immediate effect, without liability to you. If we revise these terms, we will post the revised version on our website. Please note that by purchasing the Buy Back Plus after we have changed these terms, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
- Buy Back Plus is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04621879. Its registered office is Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, England, PE3 6SB.
How to purchase Asda Travel Money
Order your travel money without leaving the house with our online service. Simply use your credit or debit card to order your currency on our online portal and then choose from Click & Collect service or home delivery for £3.95 or FREE on orders over £500.
Free Click & Collect
Choose Click & Collect to pick up your travel money at a convenient location near you. With Click & Collect locations in selected Asda stores, buying travel money has never been simpler.
Why choose Asda Travel Money?
In partnership with Travelex
The Asda advantage
Known for putting value for money at the centre of everything we do
Who have 40 years' experience, providing currency services in over 26 countries
Awarded Best Travel Money Provider in the Moneynet.co.uk awards 2019 for the sixth year running
Three reasons to love Asda Travel Money:
1. Exchange Rate Guarantee
If you find a better exchange rate within 5 miles of one of our travel money bureau, we’ll beat it with our Exchange Rate Guarantee.
2. We Buy Back Your Travel Money
Stop by our travel money bureau and we’ll buy back your unused travel money. Even if you didn’t buy your travel currency from us, we’ll exchange it back commission free.
3. Same Day Travel Money Service
Left it till the last minute? Don’t worry, simply swing by one of our travel money bureaux and take advantage of our same day travel money on popular currencies, subject to availability.
Top Travel Money Buy Back FAQs:
- What is currency buy back?
When you plan a trip or a holiday to a different country that uses a different currency, often you’ll exchange an amount of British pounds for an amount of money in that currency – this is sometimes referred to ‘buying’ money in a different currency, you ‘buy’ the foreign currency using your pounds.
Once you return from your trip, you may still have some money in the foreign currency that you haven’t spent yet. You won’t be able to spend that money in the UK, so you’ll have to exchange it back to pounds – we refer to this as currency ‘buy back’.
- Is buy back currency worth it?
Whether buy back currency is worth it or not depends on your personal circumstances. If you’re planning on heading back to the country where the currency is used at some point in the future, or if you don’t have a lot of the currency left, then it might be better to keep the money and not exchange it for pounds.
If however you still have a fair amount of money left in the currency and if the exchange rate is in your favour at the time you’re looking to buy back, then it’s certainly worth your time to research your options.
- Does Asda buy back currency?
Yes, we do offer a buy back currency service with 0% commission at our Asda Travel Money bureaux in-store, no matter who you bought the money from in the first place. It’s a great way to get rid of those unused Euros or spare dollars without wasting them.
Our most popular currencies
Before you venture into the great unknown, learn more about our most popular currencies. Find out how much to tip in America, fun facts about Australian Dollars or whether they accept Euros in Croatia.
About our provider, Travelex
We partner with Travelex to bring you some of the most competitive travel money rates on the market. As a well-known travel money provider, Travelex offers a wide range of currencies and outstanding customer service.
By working with Travelex, we make it easy and convenient for you to buy travel money. So, you can enjoy your holiday from the moment you land.
Asda Travel Money is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited, registered number: 04621879, registered addresses Worldwide House, Thorpewood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.